PostHog has an API available on all tiers of PostHog cloud pricing, including the free tier, and for every self-hosted version.
Personal API keys allow full access to your account, just like e-mail address and password, but you can create any number of them, and each one can be invalidated individually at any moment. This makes for greater control for you and improved security of stored data.
- Click on your name/avatar on the top right.
- Click the gear next to your name to access Account settings.
- Navigate to the Personal API Keys section.
- Click + Create a Personal API Key.
- Give your new key a label – it's just for you, usually to describe the key's purpose.
- Click Create Key.
- There you go! At the top of the list, you should now see your brand-new key. Immediately copy its value, as you'll never see it again after refreshing the page. But don't worry if you forget to copy it – you can delete and create keys as much as you want.
Get in touch with us here to complete your integration.
Updated about 2 months ago