- Select ‘Integrations’ from the left pane
- Search for ‘ActiveCampaign’ and select it from the list of destinations.
- Name your integration and click on ‘Configure’.
- Filling up additional details from your ActiveCampaign dashboard
- To fetch API key and instance URL information - a quick ActiveCampaign detour
- Go to Settings on the ActiveCampaign dashboard
- Go to the developer tab and copy the URL and API key pre-generated for your account by ActiveCampaign
- Paste this API token on the Toplyne dashboard and click on Create
- Select the destination you just created on the export page
When you’re in the Export stage of creating a new playbook, select ActiveCampaign
- Map the object you wish to update on ActiveCampaign
- Select object (Accounts/Contact/Add contacts to List) from the dropdown menu.
- If you choose Add Contacts to List, please select the list from ActiveCampaign to which you would like to add the users/accounts or move to the next step.
- Map the fields of your choice
- If you select Accounts, Account ID is mandatory for ActiveCampaign integration.
- If you select Add Contacts to List or Contacts, Email ID is mandatory for ActiveCampaign integration.
- You can also choose other information to pass to ActiveCampaign. You can do this by selecting the relevant fields in Toplyne. Generally, our customers export the Toplyne Conversion Score and the Toplyne Lead Status.
- Creating new fields on ActiveCampaign
To map a field that is not present in ActiveCampaign, you will have to create a custom field in ActiveCampaign.
- To create the custom field, go to your ActiveCampaign dashboard and navigate to Contacts > Fields > Add Field.
- Name and add the field as per the data you choose to sync (Eg: Toplyne Score)
- Map the fields and proceed to sync them into ActiveCampaign
In the last step of creating your playbook, name the playbook, the cadence of export, and click on ‘Proceed.'
Updated 10 months ago