Through a simple integration, you will be able to use Toplyne segmentation to better target email campaigns on Customer.io to convert promising leads, motivate your champions to purchase more, and re-engage with users at risk of churning. Follow our step-by-step integration guide to get started!
Setting up Customer.io as a destination 🔩
- Step - 1: Select ‘Integrations’ from the left pane.
- Step - 2: Search for ‘Customer.io’ and select it from the list of destinations.
- Step - 3: Name your integration and click on ‘Configure’.
- Step - 4: Name the new authentication between Toplyne and your Customer.io
- Step - 5: Filling additional information - The Customer.io detour
- Step - 6: We're back - Input fields and complete authentication
- Step - 7: Click on finish to complete configuration
- Step - 8: Click on ‘Complete Integration’ and you’re done!
You should see your newly created Destination under the Connected Apps section.
Here is a short video tour of setting up Customer.io as a destination
Using Customer.io as a destination 🔀
Step - 1: Select the destination you just created on the export page.
When you’re on the Export stage of creating a new PQL, select Others and choose the Customer.IO integration you just set up.
Step - 2: Map the fields you wish to send to customer.io.
Email and id are mandatory for Customer.io integration. If Customer.io ID [cid] is available on Toplyne fields, select the cid. If not, you may select the User/Account ID that Toplyne provides.
You can also choose which other information to pass to customer.io. Generally, our customers export the Toplyne Conversion Score and the Toplyne Lead Status.
Any new attributes will be automatically created on customer.io.
Step - 5: Add any constant fields to identify this cohort (optional)
Step - 6: Finish creating the PQL!
In the last step of creating your PQL, name the PQL, cadence of export, and click on ‘Save and Finish’.
Updated 4 months ago