The steps to sync historic Segment data with Toplyne depend on which Segment pricing plan you're on:
- The Business plan
- The Free or Team plan
- You've connected live Segment data to Toplyne
- You are on a Business plan with Segment
To train our models, Toplyne will need at least 6-12 months of historical data as a one-time drop. To enable this, you'll need to launch a Replay from your Segment Account to trigger a transfer of your historical Segment data source to Toplyne. Learn more about Segment Replay.
Replays are not self-serve in Segment, so you'll need to contact their team directly to request a replay specifying the following:
- Your workspace
- Your source(s)
- Select what data sources you want to sync with Toplyne (e.g., your website, app backend, front end, etc.)
- Please make sure it includes Identify, Track, Page, and Group, depending on what is needed.
- Your destination : Toplyne
- Time period
- Start date: 6-12 months ago (more data leads to better outcomes)
- End date: current time
- [OPTIONAL] Choose to sync all events or only a subset
- Segment allows you to filter easily at a source level.
- You have complete control over which data source you connect to Toplyne.
- You can further filter out events you don't want to send to Toplyne by using "Filters".
- However, our recommendation is to send us all data being tracked on Segment. Our AI models are built to pick and choose what matters most.
Segment's non-Business plans do not support Replay.
However, If you've been able to accumulate historic Segment data in any other data destination (such as S3, GCP, Snowflake, or Redshift) - Toplyne can ingest data directly from these destinations.
Please write to us at [email protected] or reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager.
Updated over 1 year ago