Historic data sync
The steps to sync historic Segment data with Toplyne depend on which Segment pricing plan you're on:
- The Business plan
- The Free or Team plan
If you're on the Business plan
- You've connected live Segment data to Toplyne
- You are on a Business plan with Segment
Connecting historic data with "Segment Replay"
To train our models, Toplyne will need at least 6-12 months of historical data as a one-time drop. To enable this, you'll need to launch a Replay from your Segment Account to trigger a transfer of your historical Segment data source to Toplyne. Learn more about Segment Replay.
Replays are not self-serve in Segment, so you'll need to contact their team directly to request a replay specifying the following:
- Your workspace
- Your source(s)
- Select what data sources you want to sync with Toplyne (e.g., your website, app backend, front end, etc.)
- Please make sure it includes Identify, Track, Page, and Group, depending on what is needed.
- Your destination : Toplyne
- Time period
- Start date: 6-12 months ago (more data leads to better outcomes)
- End date: current time
- [OPTIONAL] Choose to sync all events or only a subset
- Segment allows you to filter easily at a source level.
- You have complete control over which data source you connect to Toplyne.
- You can further filter out events you don't want to send to Toplyne by using "Filters".
- However, our recommendation is to send us all data being tracked on Segment. Our AI models are built to pick and choose what matters most.
You're on the Free or Team plans
Segment's non-Business plans do not support Replay.
However, If you've been able to accumulate historic Segment data in any other data destination (such as S3, GCP, Snowflake, or Redshift) - Toplyne can ingest data directly from these destinations.
Please write to us at [email protected] or reach out to your assigned Customer Success Manager.
Updated 5 months ago